Email marketing and list building is an important part of a successful digital marketing plan, but it can be tough to build your email list. Remember QUALITY vs. QUANTITY! It’s also good to keep in mind that people do get a lot of email, which means you need to respect their time when you send yours. Your newsletters should be short, easy to read, aesthetically pleasing and provide information that your readers are happy to receive.
5 SUPER SIMPLE EMAIL LIST BUILDING TIPS:
- Include a ‘subscribe’ area on your website – you can use pop-ups to do this but most people really hate pop-ups (and Google has ‘cracked down’ on them), so be clear on why you would use that technique and use it wisely. Create subscribe areas in the footer of your website, on the contact page or anywhere else that makes sense.
- Create a subscribe form on your Facebook page – this is pretty easy and only takes minutes. If you’re a MailChimp user, CLICK HERE to follow their easy instructions. If you’re a Constant Contact user, CLICK HERE to follow their easy instructions.
- Use sign up sheets at live events or at your ‘check out’ counter in-store. Every chance you get, ask people if they would like to sign up to your newsletter so you can continue email list building. Put a clear box at your front counter and ask people to sign up while they wait to make their purchase.
- Incentivize people by offering a discount when they sign up for your newsletter.
- Run social media contests! Contests are such a great way to engage with people and one of the best ways to grow your mail list. Facebook does not allow a like or a share to be entry for a contest, so the best way to have people enter is with their email.